On the Local

Strange things that happen to me or people I know while in transit in NYC.

Friday, October 27, 2006

10/15 NW into Manhattan

Drunk guy sits in corner of subway swigging a clear liquid out of a bottle hidden in a brown paper bag. Get ups, staggers with motion of train and topples into seat across from me.
Drunk guy (to me): Hey lady! Hey lady! GO AWAY! GET AWAY!
I pretend to not hear him and turn up my ipod.
Drunk guy (gets up in my face: Hey lady! Hey lady! GO AWAYYYYYYYY
I still pretend not to hear him. We arrive at Queensboro Plaza. Doors open. Drunk guy stands in path of doors, giggling as they hit him each time they attempt to close.
Conductor: I see you! I see you! Get out of the doors!
Drunk guy: (Notices my hair) Oh, pretty!
Suddenly I feel his fingers running through my hair. I get up and walk quickly to the other end of the train. Fellow New Yorkers sit and watch in silence. Drunk guy is surprised and loses his balance, falling backwards out of the train. The conductor closes the doors and we take of, leaving him on the platform. I am saved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home